October 4, 2012

The Fighter

I love listening to music.  I always think of songs I want to download, but I never do it.  I always get distracted somehow.  Jared bought me an iTunes gift card, and after months had gone by, he started hounding me to use it!  So he was sitting with his phone ready for me to name songs to download.  The only song I could come up with at that moment was a song I had heard briefly a couple times that I liked, and I just knew it was called "The Fighter" by Gym Class Heroes.  He downloaded it for me, and that was the only song we downloaded because of more distractions.  So the next day I decided to listen to my new song, and for some reason I listened to the words this time, and I broke down.

"Give 'em hell, turn their heads,
Gonna live life til we're dead.
Give me scars, give me pain,
Then they'll say of me, say of me, say of me
There goes a fighter, there goes a fighter.
Here comes a fighter. 
That's what they'll say to me, say to me, say to me
This one's a fighter."
 
I couldn't have found a more fitting song if I tried.  I texted Jared the words.  He replied, "Thanks, sweetie.  I want someday for people to think that of me."
 
Jared, we already do.